[NFBC-Info] January events for youth at Vista Center

Amy Jine ajine.vistacenter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:06:26 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Please share this information with anyone who may be interested.

Youth of Tomorrow - Goal Getters!
Let’s start the new year off right with a workshop on how to plan for a
successful year ahead. Whether it's starting an exercise routine, eating
better or making new friends we will discuss our goals and how to get there
to live your best life!
We will set goals for the year, review, and celebrate your achievements
from 2022. Together, we will answer any questions you have related to
school, college, work or life in general and share how to keep and carry
out your goals and achievements as you move through the new year. Goals are
important to keep you focused and motivated. Here are 21 reasons why having
goals is essential to your development and success.
Who: Youth with visual impairments ages 14-24
When: January 7th, 2023 - 1pm - 2pm PST
Where: Zoom
RSVP: on our programs event page
<https://vistacenter.org/program/youth-of-tomorrow/>
*Voyagers Visit Palo Alto Art Center for Rain Stick Making and Immersive
Tour*
Vista Voyagers are joining Palo Alto Art Center to view and make art,
activate creativity, and expand our community! Palo Alto Art Center is
partnering with Vista Center to create an audio described tour & rain stick
making event tailored just for you.
60% of our planet and our bodies are made up of water, playing an important
role in our livelihood – and art. Voyagers will immerse themselves in their
newest exhibit, “I am Water” and will experience a highly descriptive tour
of the galleries. After the tour, everyone will have the opportunity to
celebrate water by creating and decorating rain stick (sound makers) with
interdisciplinary artist who is blind, Maia Scott.
Maia Scott teaches accessible arts at City College of San Francisco and
offers arts centered classes at Lighthouse for the Blind. She incorporates
labyrinths, social justice and play in her arts practice. Scott authored
and co-created “Finger Walks”, a collection of tactile labyrinths produced
by the American Printing House for the Blind. Scott is an arts activist
presenting and participating in a variety of local organizations, museums,
conferences and academia to spontaneous arts happenings.
Come join us for a private tour, and an exclusive immersive and accessible
art lesson! You won’t want to miss this fun-filled event to kick off 2023.
Who: Youth with vision loss ages 5-22
Where: Palo Alto Art Center
When: Saturday, January 21, 2023 from 1pm-4pm
RSVP: on our programs event page
<https://vistacenter.org/program/vista-voyagers/>