[NFBC-Info] California Caucus and National Convention July 8, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. CT

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Sun Jul 3 19:21:08 UTC 2022

Friends,

I'm packing my suitcase and getting very eager to see many of you in New
Orleans for the first time in over two years.  To say I am excited is an
understatement.  Please be sure to mark your calendars for the California
affiliate caucus on Friday evening, July 8, at 7:30 p.m. (Central Time),
5:30 p.m. (Pacific Time), in Studio 6 and on Zoom.  While you may find this
information in the convention app, you will not find it in the formal
agenda.  SO please save this email in a safe place on your calendar and note
the time is 7:30 p.m. New Orleans time, which will be at 5:30 p.m. for those
in California.

For those who cannot make it in person, we will all miss you and understand
the present challenges of travel.  We know you would be with us if you
could.  Be sure to register for the virtual convention experience so you can
access convention broadcasts.

https://nfb.org/index.php/get-involved/national-convention/2022-national-con
vention-virtual-experience

You can join the caucus on Zoom at the link at the bottom of this email.

Finally, be sure to mark your calendar for our state convention, November
3-6 at the Courtyard San Diego Old Town by Marriott.  My hope is that many
who could not travel to New Orleans can nonetheless make it to San Diego
this fall.  The hotel is conveniently close to both air and ground transit
hubs.

Now more than ever, we need to work together to protect our rights to live
the lives we want and share our hopeful view of blindness in an increasingly
complicated world.  I look forward to dreaming big dreams in New Orleans
about the capacity of blind people.  Please do come say hello to me and the
other board members at the caucus.  I will remain afterward to greet old
friends and introduce myself to new folks.  Please share this email with as
many people as possible to ensure fellow Californians don't miss this
announcement.

The National Federation of the Blind of California is inviting you to a
scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: California Caucus

Time: Jul 8, 2022 07:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/99829423000?pwd=UDlERkZtd1JCMHNZdFJUSTVNYUFkUT09

Meeting ID: 998 2942 3000

Passcode: 002023

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,99829423000# US (San Jose) 14086380968,,99829423000# US

+(San Jose)

Dial by your location

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

+1 669 444 9171 US

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 646 931 3860 US

Meeting ID: 998 2942 3000

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/anBdRpRL7

Tim Elder

President

 <mailto:president at nfbcal.org> president at nfbcal.org

(916) 382-0372

 <http://www.nfbcal.org/> http://www.nfbcal.org/

Did you know that blind Californians are holding monthly meetings in your
region over Zoom and telephone?  Check out our virtual local chapter and
division meetings.  All are welcome to attend.

 <http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/>
http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/