[NFBC-Info] I definitely love to see the National Federation of the Blind of California go back to the Los Angeles Airport Marriott.

Jordan Mirander jordanmirander at icloud.com
Tue Nov 8 23:58:11 UTC 2022

Hello all,
If someone was to ask me, “what was your favorite state convention?” “The 2018 state convention of the National Federation of the Blind of California at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott hotel  on century boulevard,” would be my response. If somebody asked me, “why what made that state convention more special than all of the others?” I would respond with, “ it is always great when you can attend to the business of the  federation, and hear some    good  speakers at the same time. However, when you can enjoy  other hobbies, sports,  and interest  that you may have at the same time it’s like icing on the cake..   That is what happened to me at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott. When I got there I unpacked, and I got settled in. Then I grabbed a bite to eat at the Hanger18. I felt like I was at home away from home as they had Thursday Night Football playing. I love Thursday Night Football, and I watch it every week. I felt like I was at a home away from home. That is not all, after that I went to the meet and greet, and then I returned after the meet and greet to the hanger 18, and again I felt like I was at home. The Lakers were playing the Timberwolves, and I would have been watching this game if I was at home. Then I went to bed, and the beds were cozy, and warm. Then on Friday I attended the exhibitor showcase, and the exhibit hall. Then it was back to the hanger18 for lunch, and again I felt like I was at a home away from home as baseball was on on both Friday, and Saturday.  This completed a trifecta as I love all three sports: baseball, football, and basketball. After this extremely wonderful experience, the words, no table, service, were  a major turn off to me this year.

Sent from jordan Mirander’s  iPhone