[NFBC-Info] President's notebook, September 2022

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:25:40 UTC 2022

Hello Friends,

I hope you’re all getting excited for our convention in November.
We’ll be in San Diego, but you can also participate virtually. Please
visit nfbcal.org/convention for more details. The page is being
updated as we get closer to the event, so feel free to check every
couple of weeks.

On that page, you’ll find links to the pre-registration form (in
English and Spanish), and the scholarship application (also in English
and Spanish). Please share this email with anyone who may be
interested, including students who are eligible for the scholarships.

Additionally, Cheryl has booked a 47-passenger bus to convention.
Round-trip seats cost $45, and will be given on a first-come,
first-serve basis. The bus will leave from 9147 Central Ave.,
Montclair, Ca. 91763, on November 3 at 1:00 PM. Contact your chapter
presidents, who will be responsible for collecting money and
information from you, and for returning money to Cheryl.

We are also looking for volunteers to help run the hospitality suite
at convention. Contact Allison Depner (adepner1425 at gmail.com) for
details.

And a couple of events below. If your chapter is running fundraisers
and/or events that are not listed in the monthly updates, ask your
chapter presidents to send me the details in a timely manner. Thanks.

Best,
Cricket

Escondido Chapter Shakie’s Pizza Fundraiser

The Escondido Chapter will be having a fundraiser at Shakie’s Pizza on
September 13, 2:00-6:00 PM. Please contact Raquel Montoya at
ramontoya at mysero.net with any questions.

Save the date! “Blind, Sealed, Delivered” October 8th

SAVE THE DATE! The play, “BLIND SEALED DELIVERED I’M YOURS “ is coming
to the big stage on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at the Garrdena Moose
Lodge. Please contact Rochelle Houston at  rhouston58 at gmail.com with
any questions.

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022