[NFBC-Info] Door Prize Items for Convention

tmanosh at gmail.com tmanosh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:49:00 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I hope you are all getting ready for our in-person State Convention.  If you
have not registered yet, please go to www.nfbcal.org/convention
<http://www.nfbcal.org/convention>  and click on the Register Now link.

It's Door Prize time!  I hope each chapter or individual members will donate
a door prize for State Convention.

This year, we will have both In Person & Virtual door prize drawings during
state convention. Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to
submit a door prize for State Convention. If you wish to bring door prize(s)
to State Convention please contact Tiffany Manosh either Thursday or Friday
once at the hotel.

Step by Step directions:

*  Go to amazon.com <https://www.amazon.com/>  and look for an item. This
would be something you'd like to donate as a door prize. For example, I
chose a SanDisk 32GB USB-2.0 flash drive, as It was cheap, will be available
when the time comes and has broad appeal in our membership

*  While on the product page for the item you want to donate, copy the
website URL (web address) for that page so it can be pasted into the door
prize web page.

*  Once you have copied the URL, go to:
https://web.nfbcal.org/doorprize.html There you will find a page where you
can register as a door prize donor. It will want your name, address, phone
number, name of the donating party, if you're donating on a chapter's behalf
or on behalf of a group of people, a link to the item on Amazon's web site
and the price Amazon is charging for the item. Fill those items in and click
next.

*  Where it asks for the Amazon product's URL (website address) paste the
product's URL which you copied above and paste it here. You will also need
the price of the product.

*  If you did not write down the price of the product return to the Amazon
Product you wish to donate and find the price. Once you have the price go
back to the donation page and enter the price on the form. The form will add
an additional 12% to the final cost of the donation for PayPal fees, then
press Submit.

*  You will now be on a confirmation page where all the information you gave
in step three is displayed for your verification. Make sure it is correct
and, if it needs fixing, click your browser's back button to make the
changes and repeat this step. If all is well, you can click the Pay Now
button, and you'll be taken to PayPal's web site where you can donate the
cost of the donated item, to the NFB of California affiliate.

*  Once you've paid, you'll receive two emails. The first will be from
PayPal, showing your payment and this will be the one you want to keep for
your taxes if you deduct such donations. The second email will be from the
door prize donation system and will show the information you verified in
step six, above. Receiving the second email is a confirmation that your
donation was received and that your donation has been submitted to the door
prize coordinator and will be in the pool of door prizes given away at the
convention. It's important to know that if you don't receive that second
email, it's highly likely the door prize coordinator didn't receive your
door prize either.

If you have any questions or need help please let me know.

Tiffany Manosh

President River City Chapter

NFBC Treasurer

NFBC Diabetes Action Network Treasurer