[NFBC-Info] Register for the California Virtual Mini convention November 4, 2023

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Mon Oct 16 15:44:51 UTC 2023

As announced during the national convention back in July of this year, the
California affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding
our next state convention March 14--17, 2024 at the Marriott Rancho Cordova
Sacramento.  After careful consideration, the Board of Directors determined
that there was strategic value in shifting our state convention schedule to
the spring season rather than continuing with our typical fall schedule.

Because our state constitution requires the election of some board members
in even-numbered years, we will be convening a virtual Zoom meeting on
November 4, 2023, from 4:00--7:00 p.m. PT.  We are affectionately referring
to this as a "mini convention."  Chapter and division presidents were
provided with the email below explaining this information back in September.

Anyone who would like to register for the event is free to do so now using
the following link.
https://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/preregistration_form
We hope to get the website updated with these details soon.  I will also be
sending this information to past convention attendees who are not on the
current email list.

Board positions currently held by Veronica Martinez, Cheryl Thurston,
Michael Richardson, and Karen Steele will be up for election.  Veronica
Martinez is not seeking reelection.

Tim Elder, Jeanette Jones, Robert Stigile, Julie Cardinas, and Brian Buhrow
will serve on the nominating committee.  Any candidates interested in
seeking a nomination should reach out to president at nfbcal.org.  We will also
receive eligible nominations from the floor over Zoom.