[NFBC-Pathfinder] FW: Join us Friday, October 1: Presidential Release and Blind Equality Achievement Month

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 15:49:07 UTC 2021

Subject: Join us Friday, October 1: Presidential Release and Blind Equality Achievement Month

Let’s Celebrate Blind Equality Achievement Month

Remember history. Advance equality. Celebrate accomplishments. October is Blind Equality Achievement Month. The National Federation of the Blind knows the true capacity of blind people, and we confront the misconceptions that create barriers to our dreams–including our career aspirations and employment goals. Here are some things to expect and take advantage of during the month of October: employment, independence, and more.

Attend the Presidential Release, October 1, at Noon Eastern

Join President Mark Riccobono for the monthly presidential release of the National Federation of the Blind. Members of the Federation are encouraged to attend and non-members are warmly welcomed. Submit questions in advance to  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23096&qid=6011817> cdanielsen at nfb.org and put “PR509” in the subject line, or call 410-659-9314, extension 2473. Please send in questions about employment topics. Attend this kickoff to Blind Equality Achievement Month, Friday, October 1, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern, via Zoom (CC and Spanish available). Learn how to access the  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23097&qid=6011817> October Presidential Release.

#BlindMonth Activities Across the Country

National Federation of the Blind affiliates, chapters, and divisions are hosting activities all month long. Coordinators, please send in your events to  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23098&qid=6011817> web at nfb.org to have them posted on  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23111&qid=6011817> https://nfb.org/blind-month.

*     Share the  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23099&qid=6011817> Courtesy Rules of Blindness with your friends and family.

*     Drop into a  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23100&qid=6011817> fall state convention.

*     Stay tuned for more details on an upcoming gift matching opportunity.

Where the Blind Work Webinar

Thursday, October 14 at 8 p.m. Eastern | Join us as we celebrate the work and accomplishments of blind and low-vision people with a panel discussion. Hear about what a typical day looks like, discover elements that prepare for career success, learn about alternative techniques and strategies used to do these jobs, as well as how to advocate for accommodations on the job.  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23101&qid=6011817> Register for the webinar today.

White Cane Awareness Day

The National Federation of the Blind celebrates  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23102&qid=6011817> White Cane Awareness Day every year on October 15. For blind people, the white cane is an essential tool that gives us the ability to achieve a full and independent life. It allows us to move freely and safely from place to place—whether it's at work, at school, or around our neighborhoods.

Social Media Request: Send in Your Memory Minute on Mentorship & Employment

For many, the mentorship among members is key to living the lives we want. We empower each other every day. The National Federation of the Blind is asking for members to post on social media one-minute videos of members talking about the value of mentorship and employment during Blind Equality Achievement Month. Using the hashtag #BlindMonth, share the positive impact that mentors within the Federation have had on your life and how opportunities to earn equal wages and other aspects of employment are valuable to you.

About Blind Equality Achievement Month

Formerly known as Meet the Blind Month, the National Federation of the Blind celebrates the organized blind movement during October. Throughout the month, our members conduct a variety of outreach activities in their local communities. Learn more at  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23103&qid=6011817> https://nfb.org/blind-month.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23104&qid=6011817>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23105&qid=6011817>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23106&qid=6011817>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23107&qid=6011817>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23108&qid=6011817>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23109&qid=6011817>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314