[NFBC-SFV] Join us hiking at El Dorado Park - Saturday, October 23

Hearts For Sight Foundation hearts4sight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 06:11:10 UTC 2021

 El Dorado Park Hiking Saturday, October 23, 2021, 8:30 AM 7339 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815  Join Hearts for Sight on a walk at the El Dorado Nature Center, a lightly managed wilderness area in northeast Long Beach. Most of our route will be on good quality dirt trails that are marked “one way” to avoid pedestrian traffic jams. After we have toured the wild area, we’ll head back to the civilized park for our picnic lunch. The round trip distance is about four miles, with no significant ups or downs.    Meet at 8:30 AM at El Dorado Park Archery Range, at 7339 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815. To get there, turn left after the entrance parking booth. There is a parking fee of $8 per car. The park has nice bathrooms, water fountains and benches for comfort. We expect to finish by 12:30 PM, so 1:00 is a safe time to request an Access Services pickup. There’s an opportunity for more walking after lunch, so energetic folks could plan to stay longer.    Wear comfortable shoes, layers of clothing because it could be hot or cold or both, and a hat, with a day pack big enough to carry everything. Loaner equipment available; just ask. Bring at least one liter of water, along with snacks and lunch. Only guide and service dogs allowed. HFS continues to adhere to all public safety protocols during these times. While we will be outside, wearing a mask is recommended to provide the highest level of protection to all participants. We advise you also to bring hand sanitizers or alcohol. If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 or awaiting your results from the test, please just stay home. Be aware that there may be a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated participants.  ADVANCE RSVP IS A MUST. We are limiting our hiking group to 30, including both blind/visually impaired participants and sighted guides, so first come, first serve.   SIGHTED GUIDES NEEDED. As interest in our hikes for the Visually Impaired have increased, so has our need for sighted guides. Please spread the word so that every VIP gets their own guide. No experience necessary. Just be willing to help and we will teach you everything you need to know.   If you are interested in volunteering as a sighted guide or to RSVP, please be sure to contact Racquel Decipeda via email hearts4sight at gmail.com or call 818-457-1482.   This hike is hosted by Hearts For Sight, co-sponsored by the Sierra Club Angeles Chapter.   If this is your first time joining HFS activities / events, please read, sign and bring this release of liability form. Link for Sierra Club waiver will be provided upon RSVP.   We look forward to hiking with you!  Hearts For Sight Foundation | 1540 Prospect Avenue, San Gabriel, CA 91776 Unsubscribe nfbc-sfv at nfbnet.org Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice Sent by hearts4sight at gmail.com powered by Try email marketing for free today!