[nfbcs] BNS documentation

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Wed Apr 22 14:37:36 UTC 2009

As was previously mentioned, you simply record the macro, carry out your
keystrokes, then terminate. I'm not clear from your description if you plan
to open the file manually or have your macro do it.  So do you want
different macros, one per file, that you will regularly modify, or do you
want one routine that will open any file that you designate?  Let's take the
latter case.

You're going to enter the file name at the time of macro execution.  Hit
n-chord followed by the character you want to use to invoke the macro.  This
starts recording.  Now type ochord, f, o, and hit the ch-chord twice. This
pauses the macro for user input.  Type some dummy text, presumably a name of
an existing file, and hit e-chord. This will open the file.  Go to bottom of
file, press ing-chord d, then ing-chord t, and hit n-chord to stop
recording.

Dean