[nfbcs] navigating a set top box and hard drive

Marvin Hunkin startrekcafe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 01:07:05 UTC 2009

hi.
my parents are purchasing a new 42 inch tv for their lunge.
and we have a lg tv with a bonwitz set top box and hard disk drive and dvd
player.
that they are going to give me, and will be putting in a spare room
downstairs.
now, on the remote for the set top box, how to navigate all the digital
channels.
just remember the numbers.
and also if i record say star gate on a thursday, can i do this without
sighted asssistance?
i do have sighted asssistance, via my mum.
i know that ocean software in singapore is developing an accessible talking
remote device for set top boxes.
wonder if it will do hard drives as well.
any one had experience in using one of these.
any tips, tricks, techniques would be appreciated.
Marvin.