[nfbcs] NVDA

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 14 14:25:44 UTC 2009

NVDA can be found at nvda-project.org.
The default voice is not great, but there are a lot of choices, so I found
one that is good for me.  Twinky, I think he's called!  For me, the
English voices are easier to understand than the American, though I have
to get used to the pronunciation of some things.  I would prefer an
Eloquence voice, but can't get one.  But these are fine.  A little
sing-songy for my taste, but I've adjusted the inflection satisfactorily.
And the voice seems louder than Eloquence, which is nice on my little
netbook, which doesn't have the best speaker in the world.
Tracy