[nfbcs] Web Cam Nightmares

Marvin Hunkin startrekcafe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 06:43:31 UTC 2009

Hi.
well, just noticed in skype, my microphone device shows up and tried the
windows default, real tech , and real tech 1.
and guess what, tried the first 2 and did a skype test call and nothing.
but when i use the real tech 2, and do a test call.
guess what, even though it is muffled, i hear my recorded voice.
so was wondering, to get the best sound quality, and using just standard
heaphones, would a good set of headphones, or maybe a special head set,
would that improve the quality.
and when i did a test message, sort of muffled, and could sort of hear my
voice, being say 30 cm above the top of the machine.
and when i went to options.
and let skype adjust my microphone settings.
but, i still have the problem, of when i went to the video camera settings,
said no web cam and a generic web cam windows device.
so was wondering, if i have to install maybe some video camera software.
so, can you let me know, how to resolve it.
so at least can use skype, and even though a bit muffled.
and using the real tech audio microphone real tech 2 option in skype.
or would it improve quality if i downloaded the latest real tech 2 drivers.
let me know how to resolve this.
at least got voice audio, even though not a very good quality.
cheers Marvin.
ps: for playing video , what is a good player to player.
just downloaded from bit torrent the whole 7 seasons of voyager.
avi files.
and was using a client called miro, but not very accessible.
got windows media player, but not happy about the avi format in windows
media player.
and then quick time not happy, and reverting to the default  format.
so, could i try some thing like quick time alternative.
for the visually impaired.

E-mail: startrekcafe at gmail.com
MSN: sttartrekcafe at msn.com
Skype: startrekcafe
We Are The Borg! You Will Be Assimilated! Resistance Is Futile!
Star Trek Voyager Episode 68 Scorpian Part One