[nfbcs] Fwd: Happy Birthday Mr. Braille! - $200 discount on ourBraille products

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Tue Jan 6 19:32:05 UTC 2009

Good afternoon Gary,

I imagined that this was an exagerated statement.  But, when read by someone
that does not know much about vision loss may be interpreted to mean that
every blind person must know braille to be successful, or that braille is
the only successful way to communicate with the blind.

I for one made it quite nicely through the first year of law school, and run
my own IT Consulting business, without knowing braille, so I imagine that it
isn't necessary for every blind individual to know.

That being said, I do see the value of using braille as a medium for
obtaining literacy skills if an individual cannot read printed text early on
in life.

Thanks,
Everett