[nfbcs] Fwd: Happy Birthday Mr. Braille! - $200 discount on ourBraille products

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Tue Jan 6 20:25:08 UTC 2009

I have to say that I agree with Everett, but at the same time, the
conversation isn't too useful and can take away from the essential point.  I
am a very literate person, using both Braille and audio reading techniques
quite effectively.  Nobody will tell me that I am not reading, processing
information, when I read auditorially.  At the same time, the real point is
that for a blind person to succeed in the world of work and independent
living, competency in Braille is somewhere between highly beneficial and
essential.  A blind person without high Braille competence has many more
opportunities than one who does not.  So yes, non-braille readers can be
literate, but the more Braille one has, the better.

Dean