[nfbcs] UltraEdit

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Mon Jan 12 17:06:42 UTC 2009

I know a few people who switched from JAWS to Window-Eyes because of poor
JAWS UltraEdit support.  But some others are happy with the  combination.

In UltraEdit 10 which I have here at work, in the advanced section of the
General tab of the Configuration submenu of the Advanced menu, there is a
setting to use "pre 9.0 menus and toolbars" which is supposed to improve
screen reader compatibility.  There is also a choice of cursor shapes
elsewhere on that menu.

Hope this helps.

At 03:04 AM 1/12/2009, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I downloaded the recent version of UltraEdit, 14.0.  Unfortunately, I can't
>get JAWS to read what I have typed into the file.  Is there a setting I can
>check or uncheck to make the text accessible, or might this be a glitch of
>the new version?  Everything else appears to be accessible.  I have not yet
>given up on EdSharp, but I thought I'd try out another text editor, just in
>case.
>
>Joe Orozco
>
>"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."--James M.
>Barrie

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.