[nfbcs] Window-Eyes and terminal emulation

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 29 13:00:52 UTC 2009

I'm vaguely considering switching from Jaws to Window-Eyes.  I keep
hearing grumblings about Jaws 10, and I'm not keen to pay megabucks to
"upgrade" to something problematic.
Does Window-Eyes work well with 3270 terminal emulation? Does it require
an extra license, with of course an extra cost, to do Remote Desktop?  Has
anyone used it with BMC Remedy, and how does it do?  Remedy is a very
mouse-oriented application, and requires a lot of use of the Jaws
simulated-mouse-clicks.
Is anyone using another screenreader than JFW or WE that does the above
things well?  I tried Hal from Dolphin ages back, but couldn't make it
work, back then.
TIA.
Tracy