[nfbcs] dot matrix printer

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 30 19:20:28 UTC 2009

Good afternoon Pamela. I probably don't know as much as I should about this
topic, but I'm not aware of any dot matrix printer which punches hard enough
to actually be felt. The most popular technology I know about which
generates graphs that blind people can feel is the Tiger Braille Embosser.
While people seem to be very impressed with what it will do, it's certainly
not the kind of thing that you will find in the home of a transcriber.

Just in case I am wrong about being able to use an inexpensive dot matrix
printer, I'm going to copy several people I know and see if they have better
advice for you than I've been able to give.

Thank you very much for all you do in trying to transcribe material for us
to read. Any information we can get our hands on as a blessing, and anyone
who makes that possible is, in my book, a wonderful person.

Gary