[nfbcs] a question about Word

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Oct 13 16:45:23 UTC 2009

I hate it when others suggest things they have not tried, so take this  for what it is worth.  I would think that if you select the picture and the caption paragraph that
the "Keep with next" or "Keep Lines Together" could be used to keep these items from being separated.  Inserting the page break before certainly works, but if one
decided later to delete a paragraph you could end up with a shorter page than necessary.  These options are in Format paragraph on the Line and Page Breaks tab.

Also, I would just explore the "Indents and Spacing" page of this same dialog.  There you have both hanging indent and indent options that should do what you
want.  There is a "special" combo box that lets you select whether you want nothing special done or the first line indented or a Hanging indent.  If you specify
"None" you should be able to indent everything, I would think.

Another thing to be aware of is that if you insert a picture and you then select it, a new item appears on the format menu.  Object is replaced by Picture, and there
are a lot of options that you can control by specifying parameters rather than using the mouse including the ability to resize a picture.

The inches measurement of where you are in a document in terms of distance from the top is on the status line just befor LN which gives the line number.  Window-
Eyes replaces the cursor position with the distances from the left and top margins which is really nice, but I'm guessing JFW must have some way of doing this as
well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson