[nfbcs] Getting access to BIOS settings

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 30 16:16:56 UTC 2009

Huh, it looks as if you can order a PC Weasel card again.  I'd have sworn
the manufacturer went out of business. I'm kind of surprised they're still
in business because every server manufacturer has a "lights out" solution of
their own. It's be cheaper and better than a PC Weasel -- which, obviously
isn't going to work if the machine is powered down.

Cost: $250

Yeah, the firmware is open source. I've never even looked at it. But if I
had all the time in the world, I'd write a driver so that it worked with a
serial speech synth, like a Doubletalk LT. Wouldn't that be cool? You're
tabbing around in the BIOS setup program and your speech synth is reading it
to you.