[nfbcs] Booting from Linux CD and Accessing the Hard Drive

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 7 20:37:40 UTC 2010

I'm not really a heavy-duty Windows nerd.  The closest I'veever come to
doing something like what you're asking about is one time I fixed up the
boot.ini file after I'd messed it up

There is a live linux CD called vinux that supposedly comes up talking.
I've never used it. I've always used grml or ubuntu when I need to boot from
a live CD. But I already know how to start speech.

But I would probably recommend that you start with vinux if you are not
already familiar with linux.