[nfbcs] Using the Remedy Product

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jan 19 03:58:35 UTC 2010

Gary,

I do occasionally use the Remedy client directly with Window-Eyes and I know of another person who uses it with JFW.
I do not find it inaccessible, but maybe I am using a different version or for different purposes that could make a
difference.  Some controls are not completely standard, and a few check boxes don't come through as labeled well and
occasionally must be clicked on with a mouse.  Many controls work fine, though.  There is a prompt line that you can
turn on that shows just above the status line that gives some information about the field that has focus and this also
helps.  Unfortunately, I have never figured out a way to force this prompt bar to be on all the time, I have to turn it on
each time through the "view" menu.  There are things about Remedy itself that you will learn that make it easier to use
as well.  Sometimes filling in one field will cause others to populate and such.  I do find that at least with Window-Eyes
that it is sometimes not real stable.  There are some radio check boxes that do not work correctly and encountering
them and attempting to manipulate them with the keyboard seems to contribute to this instability.

In short, it isn't perfect, but I find that it is usable for me when filling out change requests, for example.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson