[nfbcs] Looking into taking Microsoft Access

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Nov 13 15:23:57 UTC 2010

Robert,

Originally, you asked about accessible textbooks.  I think your question here is different and deserves a more direct answer.  It is, I think, safe to say that
Access 2007 does work with JFW, but that it is a bit more difficult to use when developing databases.  If you take the class with the idea that you might
have to get a little help with some screens to learn the particular feature of Access being studied, you will be all right.  I have frankly always taken that
approach to a class, that I want to spend the time learning the software rather than testing the limits of a screen reader, knowing that if I know the
software I can go back and try to smooth some of the rough edges with my screen reader later.  Still, from what I've seen with Window-Eyes and read from
others, you should be able to do most of your debelopment with JFW even if there is a bit of a learning curve.  I think Access is one of those programs that
is much more intuitive visually than it is with a screen reader.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson