[nfbcs] Webinars via Ilinc.com

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Fri Sep 2 01:27:00 UTC 2011

I don't think I've experienced that particular system, but my
experience with presentation software of that sort is this:  It is
usually possible for a blind person, a JAWS user for example, to send
out a presentation, screen share, collaboration, whatever it gets
called. What is generally not possible is for the blind person to
follow along with such a share from someone else. The visual images
sent from the presenter do not come with the underlying structures
expected and required by screen readers - structures like MSAA, the
window tree, UI Automation, and access to COM object models.

So if all you need do is present to other people, you might be fine.
If you need to follow along in someone else's presentation, I expect
you'll need somehow to insure that enough information is provided to
you by means other than your screen reader, such as by a human
assistant or by comments from the presenter about the visual content
being shared.