[nfbcs] Honeywell VIP 7813 terminal emulator?

Leslie Fairall fairall at shellworld.net
Fri Sep 2 02:44:19 UTC 2011

Please forgive me if I get some terms mixed up, since I don't know much
about this subject.

My new job is requiring me to use a Unix-based database for their records.
I think the program they are using is called Softerm. The It guy told me
the terminal emulation is Honeywell VIP 7813. I've tried to configure
Softerm, but I cannot do this unless I log onto the system.
Unfortunately, there are so many graphic symbols that I cannot navigate
the screen. It eventually locks up on me. We also have another program to
our disposal called Reflections that seems to have different flavors, so
to speak. My questions are:

1. Can anyone give me a better understanding of what I am dealing with
here? Clarification of terms would be extremely helpful.
2. Can either Softerm or a form of Reflections be used to access this
database? If so, how do I configure it?

Thanks.