[nfbcs] Bit Locker Encryption Key

Louis Maher ljmaher at swbell.net
Fri Sep 9 01:33:15 UTC 2011

Thanks Doug.

Regards
Louis Maher
713-444-7838
ljmaher at swbell.net
http://www.nfbtx.org/houston.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Doug Lee
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:03 PM
To: NFB in Computer Science Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfbcs] Bit Locker Encryption Key

If bit-locker is a Whole Disk Encryption system, I'd say probably not,
because you'd be entering that before a screen reader can get a chance to
load.  But I would also think the prompt would appear early after you start
the machine.

If you can't get speech for this, I can recommend the following things to
try:

1. See if a backspace key beeps when the prompt is there. If so, you can tap
Backspace occasionally while your system boots until you get a beep
indicating the prompt has appeared.

2. Wait for silence, and/or figure out about how long to wait from power-on
to prompt.