[nfbcs] Seriaol to USB Monitors

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Sep 11 23:14:29 UTC 2011

Hello Steve and everyone,

    The monitor in question is a Gateway monitor we bought in 2004. It's
rather old but still works great.

    When her Gateway fried in 2009 we used the same monitor on her new Dell
box; the one that caught the virus. There was no problem with this because
the Dell box had one serial port so it and the Gateway monitor played nice
together. It's a CRT monitor and takes up lots of room on her desk. Getting
a new machine that includes a flat screen monitor and possibly one that's
larger than the old CRT monitor will be wonderful.  I'm just not sure if a
serial to USB conversion on such an old monitor on a new PC would work.

Peter Donahue