[nfbcs] Single or Dual Core Processor

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 12 15:55:20 UTC 2011

Good morning everyone,

    I'd be curious to hear what everyone's experiences with dual core
processors has been compared to computers with a single core processor
particularly where assistive technology is concerned. We talked to a friend
of ours last night who now owns a PC with a dual-core processor and told us
that JAWS and the other assistive technology she uses works far better than
it did on her machine that had a single-core processor. If it were up to me
Mary's new machine would have a quad core processor as will my new machine
when I porches it hopefully next year. Maybe that's processor over-kill but
as more applications become more system resource-intensive if you plan ahead
you're one step ahead of the technology.
Peter Donahue