[nfbcs] Single or Dual Core Processor

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Mon Sep 12 16:13:23 UTC 2011

Hey Peter,

I have no doubt that a duo-core process would give better performance
for programs like JAWS.

However, my guess is that your friend did more than just upgrade to a
duo-core processor when she bought a new computer.  For example, The
process almost certainly had a higher clock speed and the new machine
probably had quite a bit more memory.  These upgrades would also have
a significant impact on the responsiveness of JAWS.

I would say it comes down to what you'd need to give up to get a
duo-core.  I would prioritize more memory above a duo-core.  I would
also probably sacrefice some clock speed to get a duo core.

I hope this helps,

Jim