[nfbcs] Programming for Looking Up AlbomInformation andRenaming Music Files

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sat Jan 7 16:15:22 UTC 2012

I googled "mp3 organizers" and got several responses back.
The first one that caught my eye was Tag&Rename which looks like it
might do what you want.

I've also been playing with a program called dupeguru Music Eddition,
which will actually listen to your mp3 content and flag duplicates.
It you sae its output as HTML, you'll then have a nice database of
filenames, and information you can use to take the filenames; just
from the content of the mp3. It won't actually do the tagging and
renaming, but it's cool none the less.

While both programs run on Windows, I don't know if either is
accessible.  Tag&Run I haven't used at all, and dupeguru I've only run
on my Linux machine.

I hope this helps,

Jim