[nfbcs] Using JAWS with Attachmate

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Jan 8 06:57:22 UTC 2012

Nancy,

I use 3270 emulation but do not use attachmate.  However, I do remember that JFW was greatly affected by the
"cursor shape".  This is a setting within Attachmate that controls whether the cursorr is an underline, a block, or a
vertical line.  There is also a cross-hair cursor that underlines the current line and has a vertical line along the column
of data.  As I recall, JFW needs the underline or the vertical line cursor to work right.  Also, try maximizing the window.
Finally, the cursor needs to be blinking which is also a setting within Attachmate.  A nonblinking cursor will not be
tracked.  There will likely need to be modifications of the script for newer versions, but it shouldn't be complicated.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson