[nfbcs] Firefox and JAWS

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 13 19:33:17 UTC 2012

Nicole,

I know with Linux and Orca, there are some problems with both Firefox
and Mozilla Thunderbird in the Gecko accessibility layer. There is now a
person at Mozilla dedicated to working on those accessibility hooks and
all. With Orca, the Linux screen reader, I just periodically bring up
the Orca preferences for Firefox or Thunderbird, click okay or apply to
reload the Orca preferences and then live with the minor irritations.
For now... It's getting better.

So I would recommend you report the behavior and bugs to both JAWS and
to Mozilla for them to use in resolving the problems and bring
accessibility back up to snuff!

Don't know if that helps, but... That's all I know. /grin/

Tami