[nfbcs] Slightly O.T. 4Shared Taken Over

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Jan 16 22:40:43 UTC 2012

Nicole,

Sometimes this sort of thing can happen by having your proxy settings altered.  Somewhere in Firefox
there are proxy settings that you should check.  Usually people don't use them so if there is a check
box you should try unchecking it.  If the proxy server is filled in, you may want to delete that as
well, unless you know that you need these settings.  Also be sure to run a malware scan as changing
proxy settings is one trick of malware, but I'm guessing you already did that.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:29:59 -0800, Nicole B. Torcolini at Home wrote:

>Has anyone else had some weird website called 4shared take over Firefox? That is, every time that I
press f6 to type in a URL, I end up searching on that site instead. There is no tool bar or other
software that I can find to uninstall.