[nfbcs] BMC Remedy web-based client

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Jan 18 14:18:19 UTC 2012

Louis et al,
I tried the Jaws mouse, but it didn't work.  Nothing opened up, according
to me and my sighted co-worker.
I tried the hover method Mike and Nicole described, and I didn't see
anything, but I have to try again.  The Change Control committee doesn't
like people creating lots of changes, just trying to get one to go through
the system, you see, so I have to see if anything I tried yesterday
actually went anywhere.

Many of the links are, well, gibberish.  Link
http://www.onbmc.com/123456/sprite789, and such.
I'll keep poking at it and see if I get anywhere.

The idea of trying a different screen reader is interesting, but I think
learning a new screen reader interface while learning a new web
application would make me crazy.  I'll keep it in mind as a last resort.
I used to learn new screen readers just for fun, but those days are long
past.
Thanks to all for the ideas. I'll let y'all know if I find something that
works.
Tracy

> Tracy,
>
> I do realize that setting up tests within a company can take months per
> test; however, here are a couple of ideas.
>
> If you are using JAWS, can you use the JAWS cursor to find the link, and
> click on it with your mouse emulator button?  You should have a sighted
> person around to describe the results.  A window might open in another
> part
> of the screen.
>
> For a year, I used Window-Eyes 7.2.  Often it did a better job on webpages
> then did JAWS.  Putting JAWS and Window-Eyes on the same machine caused
> issues.  Even putting one screen reader on a machine after another screen
> reader has been removed caused issues.  I had to complete reimage a
> machine
> before I could use another screen reader.
>
> Lastly,  Is it possible to view the Remedy webpage with an IOS device?
> The SAFARI web browser might work.  You could be the first in your company
> with an I-Pad.
>
> The Remedy web solution will come to me at the end of this year.  Good
> luck
> to all of us.
>

> Regards
> Louis Maher
> 713-444-7838
> ljmaher at swbell.net
> http://www.nfbtx.org/localchapters/houston

>>> enthusiastic. I pushed my company to apply pressure to BMC. They too
>>> were
>>> less than enthusiastic, viewing accessibility as a nice thing to do
>>> rather
>>> than complying with the law.
>>>
>>> It may be that in your job this is not a necessity, but in mine it was
>>> much
>>> more substantial. It is the way I got assignments, the way I reported
>>> progress on them, the way I tracked time, and the way I was evaluated.
>>>

>>> Gary

>>> TIA.