[nfbcs] Accessibly Navigating the "new" Google Groups?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:54:15 UTC 2012

I recently logged into groups.google.com, because I wanted to turn off
mail from one group and turn on another. i know this so-called "new' UI
has been around for a while, but I really hadn't had a need to do
anything with it until now. In all honesty, upon logging in, I didn't
know where to begin in terms of finding the group I was looking for and
changing settings for that specific group. There appear to be several
tree view controls that Jaws doesn't seem to deal with well, at least
not in conjunction with IE. I wound up reverting to the classic UI to
make my changes. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the new UI?
I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet so am unsure whether it has
accessibility issues, or is just complicated.
Thanks,

Al