[nfbcs] accessible UML

William Grussenmeyer wdg31415 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:32:30 UTC 2012

Hello,

Anyone out there found a good UML non-gui / auto diagram generator ?
I found this one called MetaUML (which uses metaPOst and Latex) to
auto-generate UML diagrams into PDFs.  It works ok but it seems to not
have been updated since 2006, which is unfortunate since it is
completely text based and includes class diagrams, use case diagrams,
state transition diagrams , sequence diagrams, and some others.

A friend of mine told me that he just creates his java classes with
empty methods and some variables and then simply uses an Eclipse
plugin called Slime UML which auto generates class diagrams in PDF for
him (he is not blind).  He finds this faster than using GUI based
editors.
This seems like a good solution except when working on an all ready
existing project.  Impossible to highlight the changes that I made to
the mess of classes that all ready exist.

And this solution doesn't allow you to create use case diagrams or
sequence diagrams or state transition diagrams textually ..

Anyone else find some good accessible UML creation tools out there?

--Bill