[nfbcs] Why Java? was: Software Developer position open

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Mon Oct 1 23:45:11 UTC 2012

Hi John.

I actually am curious why Java was chosen as the language for the
Braille Blaster project.  Is there any particular reason it was chosen
over some other cross-platform language such as Python or even C?  Was
it as simple as being the language you knew, or was there more to it
than that?

Not criticizing the choice.  Just curious.  I think the language it's
written in is much less important than the fact that it simply exists,
and I'm thrilled to hear that the APH is sponsoring its development.

Aaron