[nfbcs] Career Advice

Jeanine Lineback jeanine.lineback at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 03:27:38 UTC 2012

The environment I, in regards to security and blindness products,
is the same here in Texas. I work for state government and it is
get more and more difficult for me to do my daily job tasks with
JAWS running on a sluggish server that is for all state employees
of DARS. The only way to even get your own individual license for
JAWS to run on a laptop computer is to fill out several forms
which must be signed by your supervisor and their supervisor.
Then the forms go through several layers of management that deal
specifically with computer devices and security. Let's not even
talk about hooking up a BrailleSense to my computer at work
because it wasn't purchased for that reason. It would be a clear
violation of policy without a form to make it "Legal.".