[nfbcs] Meed thin client env accessibility help

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Tue Oct 23 02:21:50 UTC 2012

I can't speak much about thin client environments, although they're
becoming more common like you said so I'd better look into that at some
point.

Anyway, you're right vnc viewer is, as you put it, not very accessible.
As in you're probably not going to be able to use a machine that way.
For connecting to Linux, your best option is probably ssh using one of
the ssh clients out there. putty is an option; I personally use openssh
with the cygwin environment.

As for connecting to a windows remote machine, I do it at my job all the
time. I am a Window-eyes user, not a jaws user, but similar setup. We
run terminal services on the windows server I need to connect to, and I
had the admin install a copy of window-eyes on the server and I use the
one on my desktop to access it via terminal services client. It would
also work with citrix metaframe if we had that. JAWS has an option to
purchase that support as well. Tandem is an option, but the problem with
it is that it requires jaws be on the machine and running constantly for
you to use it as far as I'm aware. That and other users can't use the
machine while you're doing that. Terminal services doesn't have that
limitation.

--
"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E. P. Box
Joseph C. Lininger, <jbahm at pcdesk.net>