[nfbcs] Outlook web ap

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Oct 26 12:18:18 UTC 2012

My husband and I work for the same company, and the company recently
switched to use the Outlook web ap for email.  It has 2 modes:
screen-reader friendly and not.  I tried the standard, not screen-reader
version, and I found it pretty confusing, so I set both of us to the
screen-reader version.
Suddenly this week, we are having trouble, especially my husband.  He sees
his messages, but he can't open the message to read it.  I logged into his
account, and I couldn't open a message with Enter, left mouse, or the
braille display cursor.  I had the Help Desk log into his account, and
they couldn't open messages, either.  The Help Desk guy switched to
standard mode, then back to screen reader, and that worked until my
husband logged out for the day, but this morning it's back to not opening
messages.
I had the same problem one day, but I restarted my computer a couple times
and it went away. That's not working for my husband.
Does anyone have ideas?
I think it must have something to do with the accessible ap, since the
Help guy wasn't using Jaws at all, but still had a problem.
TIA.
Tracy