[nfbcs] JAWS Repeatedly Failing

Nicole B. Torcolini Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Oct 27 20:02:35 UTC 2012

On my DELL laptop at home running 64 bit Windows Vista, JAWS 14 behaves
relatively well. However, on my think pad laptop running 64 bit Windows 7
for work, this is not the case with JAWS 13. Quite often, JAWS will go into
the mode where it does not say "selection copied to clipboard" for control
c. JAWS also seems to refuse to read the next line in an outlook message
when down arrow is pressed, but control down arrow works for moving to the
next paragraph. Usually, restarting JAWS fixes these, but it is getting
really annoying. Also, rather frequently, I get the application error window
for the JAWS file. Is anyone else getting this? Does this have anything to
do with Windows 7 vs. Windows Vista?