[nfbcs] Cygwin terminal vs. cygwin.bat

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Mon Jul 8 17:09:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

Several months ago when I started using cygwin, I posted a question to this list about problems with jaws reading the output from cygwin when I was using the cygwin terminal. A user on this list suggested that I type C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat to launch cygwin. I did and this fixed many of my problems: jaws reads output, there's not a lot of unnecessary descriptions of the cygwin window (like describing the window size when I arrow around), and so on.

I am curious though as to why this works. I looked around for descriptions of cygwin.bat. It appears to be a file that controls settings of cygwin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin