[nfbcs] Question about Hims Braille Edge 40

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:02:38 UTC 2013

The edge is a great display.
THere will be an update soon  to the software coming according to HIMS. From the podcast it sounds like back translation will be available. The current 1.0 software reads BRF files fine.
The word processor is totally stripped down and basic.
Simple search and replace. Simple six key entry.
The software works great for reading.
I use it all the time to read NLS files and BRF files that I create from Duxbury.
You cannot generate anything fancier than a TXT file on the current software.
-Kevin