[nfbcs] Introducing me

William Grussenmeyer wdg31415 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:12:52 UTC 2014

Hi Ali,

I think I saw you on the access stem mailing list.  I am also doing a
phd in computer science at University of Nevada Reno.  Here are some
accessible tools I use to program:

Eclipse (eclipse.org)  -- lots of blind programmers use this and it
works well with Java.  I think it works with other programming
languages but IM not sure.  You can also use it to do android
programming.

XCode with a Mac -- and ObjectiveC (which is easy to learn since you
know C and C++) -- I am currently doing a projeccct in this.  It is
very accessible although some buttons are unlabeled it is easy to
figure them out.  Most of it is accessible and easy to program in.
Also, the mac is accessible and easy to learn.  programming on an ipad
or iphone is great because lots of blind people have one of these.  It
is also great for research projects.

--
Bill