[nfbcs] HPQC accessibility question

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Apr 23 18:54:24 UTC 2014

Susie,

I played with HPQC on my job and found it to be difficult to use.  I did not determine, though, if it was
completely inaccessible or not before it turned out I didn't need to use it.  Some of the other HP stuff I've
tried is hard to use but can work but they tend to use a lot of the modern browser techniques.

However, I would urge you to try to get some sort of contact with HP on this.  Since you are working for the
Federal government, there is a pretty clear requirement that their product should be accessible, and it always
seemed to me that there was nothing in their product that couldn't be made accessible without a littlw work.
Also, there have been new versions since I tried it and they could be better.  Be aware of the fact that some of
these modern web-based applications sometimes work better with the Window-Eyes Browse Mode or the JFW Virtual
Cursur turned off.  One has to experiment.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:40:06 +0000, Stanzel, Susan - FSA, Kansas City, MO wrote:

>Good morning Listers,

>I might need to use a system called HPQC which stands for Hulett Packard Quality Center. It keeps track of issues
found in a testing situation. I believe it is not accessible. It is not on my machine so I can't try it out. Do
any of you have experience with this system?

>Susie Stanzel

>This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any
unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the
law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.