[nfbcs] HPQC accessibility question

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 23 19:08:10 UTC 2014

I think someone mentioned that it might be wise for you to try installing
NVDA, and you responded by saying that this would pose some difficulty
because you work for the federal government. I am finding that NVDA is quite
responsive in some new applications, and I think it is very defensible for
blind people to argue that we need more than one screen reader to take
advantage of the best state-of-the-art technology. Currently I use JAWS for
Windows as my primary screen reader, but there are times when System Access
and NVDA work better than JAWS for Windows. Although it is somewhat
irritating to consider having to learn another screen reader, I think that
is offset by the value that having another tool in your toolbox brings. I
still consider JAWS for Windows the best screen reading program I have, but
I certainly am glad that I have other tools to supplement it.