[nfbcs] [spam] Re: Activating Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers In A LaptopWithout their Respective Buttons.

George osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Dec 4 05:32:16 UTC 2014

Yes, I know a way to do so with Windows 8.1.  Sorry I'm not familiar
with Windows 7 or 8, but you might use this way as a hint.

1. Press the Windows Key and type "wifi" in the search window.

2. Press the down arrow until you hear something like "change Wi-fi
settings". Sorry I don't know exactly how it says because I'm not using
Windows in English.

3. A window titled "PC Settings" will open.

4. Press the Tab key until you find a list (probably you need to press
twice).

5. Press the down arrow key until you hear something like "Mode inside
the airplane" and press Enter.

6. If you press tab, then, you will find a button to disable all the
wireless connections and, if wireless connections are enabled, there
will be other two buttons: one to enable/disable wi-fi and another to
enable/disable bluetooth.

7. Focus the button for the setting you want to change and press the
left arrow to disable or the right button to enable the corresponding
function.

8. When you finish, just press Alt+F4 to close the window.

If you use NVDA, it will only say "Pressed" in stead of "on" and it will
just say "button" when it is off. It might be better to use Narrator to
be sure of the state of the buttons: it says "on" or "off". You can
enable/disable Narrator just by pressing Windows+Enter.
Once you get accustomed to it, it's very easy.
I don't know how JAWS indicates this, because I don't use JAWS anymore.

HTH
George