[nfbcs] Using Dictation on the Mac Mini

April Brown aprilbrownshade at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 20:22:06 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am legally blind with hearing and sound comprehension loss.  I bought a Mac Mini about three weeks ago,
aI went to my one-on-one training at the Apple Store on Saturday. The tech there didn't  know the answers to my problems with the dictation program. I contacted Apple's customer support today, and they did not know the answer either.

I can get dictation to work well on social media, and in e-mail.  If I am using Pages, and it is only a few pages long it works reasonably well.  There are a few odd capitalization errors, For instance it likes to capitalize the first word after a comma.  It also cannot figure out the names of my characters in my novel. And every now and then, no matter how hard I try it can't figure out what I'm saying.

The worst part is though, if I try to work in a document over 20 pages, Dictation crashes. And I often can't get it to restart. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thank you and stay warm and dry in this frozen tundra,

April Brown

Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.