[nfbcs] NVDA Problem

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 16 17:06:27 UTC 2014

I have a Toshiba laptop and one of the frustrating things about it is that
it tries to conserve power by turning off the audio when it perceives it is
not in use. This will mean that part of what my screen reader starts to say
is cut off if there is much of a delay in speech output. I can get around
this by using headphones, but I wonder if there may be some kind of similar
power saving device. This kind of power saving might not be noticed if a
person is primarily playing music or podcasts. It certainly is noticed if
you're using a screen reader.