[nfbcs] first programs?

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Tue Jan 21 00:31:28 UTC 2014

	I started with Visual Basic in ninth grade. It was actually
accessible. It gave you more control over the visual appearance than some
other languages because you could move the various objects to different
coordinates  and then set properties, such as color, on them. I remember
that I used it to construct a cat out of different shapes and lines.
Although my first attempt was not perfect, my mom said that it was not far
off. At the end of the semester, I made a computer version of what looked
like a board game. The board game was about the different stages of the life
of a guide dog. I probably still have all of the code from that semester,
but I don't know if there is anything that will run it anymore as that was
about nine years ago.