[nfbcs] Google Drive, One Drive, or From Scratch

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 18:55:01 UTC 2015

Good afternoon everyone,

                Due to the inaccessibility of the Web interface of our
current offsite file storage service we're considering an alternative
solution accessible via both a local drive and via the Web and possibly FTP.
First we'd like to know what everyone's experiences have been with Google
Drive or Microsoft's One Drive before we build a solution from the ground
up.

This is in light of the issues we've had with my wife's computer and the
remote procedure call situation we have with "Computer" in Windows 7 as well
as to help us reduce the cost of remote file storage. Another possibility
would be to use a VPS to build an offsite file storage solution that meets
our needs and will be usable via an embedded drive in "Computer", via FTP,
or the Webwith access technology and usable from any computer reguardless of
the OS version running on that machine. The VPS route would also give us
space to host Websites too. If you build it from scratch you know it will be
accessible and will meet your needs.

Peter Donahue

---